Cheese chips are a real simple and easy to make. They are the favorite of many and can be customized to fit many tastes. Since they don’t take a long time to cook, different trays can be made for different tastes. With a little sour cream, it is a warm alternative to just chips. These may be called Nachos and Cheese, but the cheese is usually melted and runny. This cheese is not runny.
How to Make Cheese Chips
- Turn on the oven to broil.
- Cover a cookie sheet or flat pan with tin foil
- Spread out chips to cover the bottom of the pan. Original flavor or unflavored is best. Since the cheese is adding the flavor (and whatever else you decide to put in it) it is best to leave it plain. Salted is good, but you could also use unsalted. Trial and error is a good way to get it just the way you like it.
- Spread cheese all over the chips. Cheddar is the best. This does not have to be prepackaged, but it is easier.
- Make sure there is cheese on all the chips you can see. If you have more chips piled up, then add more cheese so it will fall down onto the chips below.
- OPTION: Add more chips and more cheese. Depending on how many people are eating and personal preference.
- Make sure and move the oven rack up near the top. 2 steps down is probably good.
- Put them in the oven and hold on tight. It only takes a minute or two. After about 45 seconds a spot check is warranted. Once it passes a minute, personal preference takes over. Make sure not to burn them. A little crisp is good, but burnt is bad.
That’s it, it’s as easy as that.
Check out this video on How to Make Cheese Chips.